Adult Sunday School Lesson Summary INTRODUCTION FOCUS SCRIPTURE: DAILY BIBLE READINGS
LIFE NEED FOR TODAY'S LESSON
There are times when the pressures of life are a heavy burden to carry. Where can people go to find the pressures of life lifted and then enjoy a period of celebration? The psalmist recounts a uniquely joyful experience when worshiping in the Temple.
Christians see their worship as more than ritual, but as an acknowledgment of their identity.
Christians have different responsibilities and positions of authority in life, but none compare with having a relationship with God.
Believers sense that they are truly home when they are in the presence of God.
October 24, 2021
Series: CELEBRATING GOD
Unit 2: Called to Praise God
Fall Quarter Lesson 8
PRAISE GOD FOR HIS PRESENCE
SONG: "To Worship You I Live (Away)"
LESSON TEXT: Psalm 84:1-12 (KJV)
DEVOTIONAL READING: 2 Chronicles 29:25-30 (NLT)
25) - King Hezekiah then stationed the Levites at the Temple of the LORD with cymbals, lyres, and harps. He obeyed all the commands that the LORD had given to King David through Gad, the king’s seer, and the prophet Nathan.
26) - The Levites then took their positions around the Temple with the instruments of David, and the priests took their positions with the trumpets.
27) - Then Hezekiah ordered that the burnt offering be placed on the altar. As the burnt offering was presented, songs of praise to the LORD were begun, accompanied by the trumpets and other instruments of David, the former king of Israel.
28) - The entire assembly worshiped the LORD as the singers sang and the trumpets blew, until all the burnt offerings were finished.
29) - Then the king and everyone with him bowed down in worship.
30) - King Hezekiah and the officials ordered the Levites to praise the LORD with the psalms written by David and by Asaph the seer. So they offered joyous praise and bowed down in worship.
By the end of this lesson, we will DISCOVER why the psalmist expressed you in worship, FEEL the joy of worship, and PROCLAIM the living presence of God throughout creation.
Psalm 84:1-12 (KJV)
The Joy of Worship
Psalm 84:1-2 FOR GOD’S PRESENCE
1) - How amiable are thy tabernacles, O LORD of hosts!
2) - My soul longeth, yea, even fainteth for the courts of the LORD: my heart and my flesh crieth out for the living God.
Psalm 84:3-4 FOR A PLACE WITH GOD
3) - Yea, the sparrow hath found an house, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may lay her young, even thine altars, O LORD of hosts, my King, and my God.
4) - Blessed are they that dwell in thy house: they will be still praising thee. Selah.
Psalm 84:5-6 CONTINUING STRENGTH
5) - Blessed is the man whose strength is in thee; in whose heart are the ways of them.
6) - Who passing through the valley of Baca make it a well; the rain also filleth the pools.
Psalm 84:7 GREATER STRENGTH
7) - They go from strength to strength, every one of them in Zion appeareth before God.
Psalm 84:8-9 REVERENTIAL WORSHIP
8) - O LORD God of hosts, hear my prayer: give ear, O God of Jacob. Selah.
9) - Behold, O God our shield, and look upon the face of thine anointed.
Psalm 84:10 STATEMENT OF TRUST
10) - For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness.
Psalm 84:11 LORD GIVES GRACE
11) - For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.
Psalm 84:12 JOY OF WORSHIP
12) - O LORD of hosts, blessed is the man that trusteth in thee.
Adult Sunday School Lesson Summary
DAILY BIBLE READINGS
|Mon 10/18||God Has Done Great Things||(Psalm 126)|
|Tue 10/19||Joy Fulfilled in Love||(John 15:9–17)|
|Wed 10/20||God’s Joy is Your Strength||(Nehemiah 8:9–12)|
|Thu 10/21||Joy Fulfilled in Christ’s Sacrifice||(Philippians 2:1–11)|
|Fri 10/22||Rejoice in the Lord Always||(Philippians 4:4–9)|
|Sat 10/23||Fullness of Joy||(Psalm 16)|
|Sun 10/24||How Lovely Is God’s Dwelling Place||(Psalm 84)|
Key Verse: – Blessed are they that dwell in thy house: thy will be still praising thee. Selah. – Psalm 84:4 (KJV).
ANTICIPATING THE NEXT LESSON
Next week's lesson is "PRAISE GOD FOR HIS GREATNESS.” People choose different ways to express their emotions. What are some of the ways that expressions of victory and joy can be shared? Psalms 149 and 150 share great praise for who God is and the joy of praising God with all of who we are. Study Psalm 149:1-5; 150:1-6
Copyright@2021 New Life Church | Credits | Powered by DownEast Technical Solutions